Tag Archives: Job interview outfits
Your attire and outfit is really a big part in your job interview. It is the first thing that the interviewer will see on you. That is why, as much as possible we really have to be formal from the dress through our ways. I’am writing this article because there are interviewees who are not aware of the proper attire during a job interview and it is one of the reasons that made them fail. So, if that will happen, you will lose the chance to get the position you are applying for.
One of the things that an employer is looking for at first is whether you are suitable in the position and one way to display it is to act professionally specifically by dressing properly. If you are in the interview, you really need to do your best to stand out among the many applicants and it doesn’t mean that you will dress sexy and seductive but if you dress with class along with confidence. If these two factors are within you, you really stand out. But of course we have also to suit our outfit to the position we are applying for.
Here are the tips we have to bear in mind during a job interview:
- Never use attention seeking shade of colors like neons, yellow, glow in the dark. You really have to choose colors that are neutral such as black, white, brown or gray. You can also use earth colors such as light brown, olive green and gray.
- A black or a navy blue suit is perfect most especially for men. They could pair it with inside long sleeves that are light colors such as white.
- Play safe by using a black silk tie. Minimize using checkered tie that can draw attention. It is not bad to use it, but for a first time encounter with the employer, a black tie would be best.
- Being clean and classy will never go out of fashion. So don’t be so exaggerated with your outfit. Just wear simple but elegant clothes.
- For women, you can also use neutral color slacks paired with a long sleeve or formal blouse. You can also use pencil skirt but make sure it is below the knee.
- Never use above the knee skirts because you will draw attention in a negative way to your employer.
- For women, try not overaccessorize. A watch, a pair of pearl and necklace will do. In men, a simple watch is really okay.
- Use mild scent perfume. Don’t put high scent perfumes that could irritate the interviewer’s nose because it will be a negative on your part.
I hope these job interview outfits helped you a lot. Just always remember that even though how formal your outfit is, but you act unprofessionally, it will still be useless. It is best to dress properly and paired it with class, charm and confidence. For sure, you will really stand out and pass the interview process.