How To Promote A Press Release To Get 5x As Much Traffic
I’ve developed a system over the years that has been incredibly useful in boosting SEO results and traffic for press releases and other announcements for my small business clients.
Actually, this strategy works for just about ANY piece of NEW content online – a blog post, press release, even a podcast show.
How To Promote New Content
Basically, it involves creating a coordinated social media promotions campaign that launches within 60 minutes of the press release or news announcement.
Within 60 minutes of your new blog post or press release or piece of content you want to promote, you should:
1. Tweet the web page (and have employees/friends tweet it)
2. Post the announcement on Facebook (and have employees/friends post it too)
3. Pin any images or videos on the web page to Pinterest
4. Create and post a video to YouTube talking about the announcement and linking back to the web page (make sure to fill out keywords in the video and the video description)
5. Embed the YouTube video into a blog post and publish the blog post linking back to the web page
6. Post the web page on other social networks – Reddit, Delicious, Digg, StumbleUpon, for example
7. Do anything else you can to promote the announcement as soon as it comes out (if you can schedule media interviews immediately after the announcement, that would be perfect!)
In my experience, the combined effect of all of this promotion as soon as the Press Release or announcement is made has generally been a 4 to 5 times increase in traffic thanks to the improved search engine rankings of this new. This strategy works so well because Google now places a big priority on newer content – they want the freshest, most relevant content to come up to the top of their Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
By promoting your new content in so many ways on so many networks, Google notices this and says “Hey! This content is new, it’s relevant and it’s getting promoted on these various networks. Let’s pump up it’s search engine rankings.” And this becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. As soon as Google raises the rankings, the new content gets more traffic, which gets more social media shares, and so on.
Don’t believe it’ll get you 5x as much traffic? Try it for your next press release or blog post and let me know what kind of results you get!
How To Double Your Online Sales
Free Marketing Tips Help You Get Cash In A Flash!
- How to drive massive free traffic online
- How to convert traffic to leads
- How to maximize your impact
- And much more!